Home Movies Reviews ‘Air Force The Movie: Danger Close’ Netflix Review - Good Concept But Poor Execution!

‘Air Force The Movie: Danger Close’ Netflix Review - Good Concept But Poor Execution!

The movie follows nine special forces members, who must hold out on the ground while a rescue mission is devised after a militia group shoots down their aircraft

Poornima Balsu - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 16:43:34 +0000 13297 Views
Add to Pocket:

Air Force The Movie: Danger Close is a Malaysian film that was released in 2022 and is available on Netflix. The movie has a military theme and has action and drama as its main genres. It also has gore and violence as its themes. The movie is about 1 hour and 43 minutes long. The film is directed by Zulkarnain Azhar and Frank See who have also participated as the writers of this film.

Air Force The Movie: Danger Close tells the story of a PASKAU team which is led by Adib who is the captain and also his mentor, Major Adnan. They were given the task of protecting the humanitarians serving in Namburi which is a war-torn country. While they were returning home, they experience tragedy which causes their plane to crash. Only 9 of the passengers manage to escape from the plane while the others require immediate rescue. When the news broke in Malaysia, the air force plans out a mission for the rescue. The entire movie delivers a lot of fights which include the military.

It is an ordinary and simple military movie. The main element in this movie is a threat and the military troops that go to fight against the threat. Although this might seem like an intense movie, the intensity of the film only caters to the action scenes. The storyline of the film is very easy to follow and quite straightforward. The film also has a decent pace which sometimes might also seem to be fast with lots of action-packed scenes. Therefore, someone who enjoys action movies will be able to thoroughly enjoy this movie throughout.

The movie does contain a lot of fight scenes as mentioned earlier but it doesn’t contain anything spectacular that the audience can remember later on. Therefore, the main elements of the movie itself come down to average. Also, even though the movie includes Airforce in its title don’t expect it to have scenes including the Airforce defense team. The movie only includes 20% of scenes of fighting in the air and the rest 80% are mostly on-the-ground fight scenes.

The movie has pretty decent character development. Each member of the PASKAU team is given a background story which makes the movie a little bit interesting and entertaining. The actors too have done a great job of bringing the characters alive.

The one major issue with this movie is that it includes subplots, but to fit everything within the timeline, the makers have left certain plotlines midway, making it too fast-paced. The fast pace of the film sometimes makes it difficult to follow. Especially the reconciliation between one of the two characters that will be expected by the viewers does not receive a proper ending.

Of course, if we ignore all these mistakes the film has made, it can be designated a film that helps us in realizing and appreciating the work of our front liners of defense. The film has used a decent level of computer graphics, but the camera works seems to be lacking a lot. There are a lot of shaky fight scenes which sort of degrades the quality of the movie. Nevertheless, the makers have tried to put out a military-based movie, and they have tried their best since the film is bearable to watch. Definitely give Air Force The Movie: Danger Close a try if you have loved other similar-themed films!

Final Score – [6/10]
Reviewed by - Poornima Balsu
Follow @BalsuPoornima on Twitter
Publisher at Midgard Times



Twitter News Feed


Get all latest content delivered to your email a few times a month.

DMCA.com Protection Status   © Copyrights MOVIESR.NET All rights reserved