Netflix has released the final trailer for its upcoming adult animated Series ‘Hoops.’ The series will premiere on Friday, August 21. Watch the new trailer above.
The voice cast for the series includes Rob Riggle, Natasha Leggero, Ron Funches, Cleo King, A.D. Miles, and Jake Johnson.
HOOPS is created by Ben Hoffman. Hoffman, Johnson, Seth Cohen, M. Dickson, Itay Reiss, Phil Lord, and Christopher Miller serve as executive producers. Hoops is produced by 20th Century Fox Television and animated by Bento Box.
Hoops centers on a hot-headed, foul-mouthed high school basketball coach who thinks turning around his godawful team will take him to the "big leagues."
Below are the character descriptions:
- Johnson is Coach Ben Hopkins, a pathetic, angry, foul-mouthed coach desperate to prove himself but always looking for an easy way to get the job done.
- He’s shameless and selfish, and given the opportunity to do the right thing, he fails most of the time.
- Riggle is Barry Hopkins, Ben’s father. A former pro-athlete-turned-steakhouse owner, he frequently rips his son and doesn’t respect him, but still wants the best for him.
- Leggero is Shannon, Ben’s estranged wife. She’s got a history of impulsive behavior and rash decisions but has straightened up her life since leaving Ben and is focused on making her horse farm a success.
- Funches is Ron, Ben’s assistant coach, and best friend. Considerate, quiet, and patient, he’s Ben’s polar opposite.
- King is Opal, Ben’s boss and principal of Lenwood High who doesn’t like her job and is nearly as foul-mouthed as Ben. She’s unlucky in love, superstitious, and has a talent for singing.
- Miles is Matty, 16 -year-old 7-footer whose father abandoned him when he was young. Matty struggles with his body off the court and has a hard time making friends.